Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Golan Heights

I really like Northern Israel and would move to the Golan Heights if I had my choice in where to move (Yes, I know syria has 3,000 missiles aimed at Israel and wants the Golan Heights for themselves)

I had coffee with some friends at this amazing little coffee shop in the Golan Heights --- the coffee is MUCH better than ANYTHING you can get in the states (sorry, starbucks people)

The coffee shop was a syrian outpost in the war of 1967. You can see the bunkers and rifle mounts that were left as a memorial. The mountain (hill for those of us in the western US) overlooks both sides of the Golan, the syrian border (damascus is only 60 km away, and Tiberias, where I stayed for two nights, is only 50 km away) Anyone who says that Israel must give up ANY land is anti-Christian and anti-God. I sat and looked at the lights of Jordan every night from where I stayed in West Jerusalem. Israel is MUCH smaller than the I-5 corridor in Western Washington. Even though I knew it before, after this trip I am totally and completely convinced that the battle over Israel is a spiritual one because in the natural, it would never make ANY sense.

Mt.Bental Israel Golan Heights (August 2007)


The large brown building in the middle of this picture is the syrian border crossing. The green trees (and grapes) are in Israel and is part of the Golan Heights. The town just past the crops is in syria.

Syria border from Mt.Bental Israel Golan Heights (August 2007)


Mt.Bental Israel Golan Heights (August 2007)


Syria border from Mt.Bental Israel Golan Heights (August 2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Thanks for your feedback.