Saturday, September 1, 2007

Saturday

If I haven't apologized for the mispelled words yet, I am doing so now. The German keyboard has some of the letters and punctuation in different places than American keyboards ( Y and Z are switched and @ is ctrl+alt+Q for two examples)

I am having an AMAZING time. Today I attended the first Spanish Riding School performance - actually this one was like a high level riding clinic - the real performance is tomorrow. I then travelled by the U (underground) and went to the Prater where the giant ferris wheel is. I rode the ferris wheel. Actually the cars are enclosed and you can stand up and walk around as the ferris wheel slowly moves. It is not scary and even wouldn't be scary for people who are otherwise afraid of ferris wheels. I then took the U to the Danube (Danau) tower where I went to the top. It is MUCH larger than the Space Needle - and get this: they bungy jump off of it (no, I did not bungy jump :P ) I then took the U back two stops where the stop is over the Danube (Danau) river where I took some pictures before continuing back to the hostel.

Vienna is a lot like Seattle. Weather is the same as you guys are having (I told you I would check up on you :P ) and the plants and trees are the very same types too. The Danau tower is in a huge park where there is lots of water, willows, rose gardens, and similar plants to what is in Seattle.

The public transportation is VERY good ---- several Underground lines, several trams, and a CAT --- City Airport (non stop) - which connects to a main U terminal in the city where you can even check in your luggage for your flight up to 24 hours in advance.

Lots of dogs in Vienna (on leashes) and apparently they are allowed on the U and public transportation.

I plan on writing more tomorrow.

Take care :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Thanks for your feedback.