Sunday, September 2, 2007

Sunday's Performance

All I can say is WOW!

This won't make 100% sense to the non horse people.

There was an exibit of a horse in long lines and they did an entire GRAND PRIX test IN HAND - including one tempis and counter changes of hand at a canter - IN HAND! IMPRESSIVE! There were also horses that performed airs above the ground in hand - then the horses with riders performed airs above the ground - including levade, courbette, and capriole. They also did a quadrille performance.

I probably should have spent the rest of the afternoon going to museums and such since I leave for Krakow, Poland tomorrow but I walked back to the hostel (15-20 minutes including picture stops) and enjoyed the weather and scenery. EVERY building I have seen in Vienna (including the modern ones) has something special to look at - be it decoration or architecture.

For those who asked about the camel ranch because you knew it was important to me that I go camel riding: I did not go to the camel ranch because I rode a camel at the Giza plateau (overlooking the pyramids) and I also rode a camel at Petra (Jordan) for about 1/2 hour. That plus the 109F (46C) in Eilat, I decided it was not worth it since I already rode two camels.

Funny thing about airport security: They are SO worried that you do not have ANYTHING sharp in your carry on bags - yet then the airlines give you metal flatware (knife, fork, spoon) with your meals. Also about Israel airport security that is suppose to be super strict - it is very secure (they even scan your bags - the ones you are checking in - before check in and question you if they see anything suspicious - a VERY good procedure) yet you can carry your bottled water or pop through security and they don't make you throw it out like they do in the US or EU.

I do not know when I will have internet access again since I leave for the airport in the morning (Monday) and I do not know if the hotel in Krakow will have internet access - and I'm staying at a hotel when I return to Vienna on friday - then returning to Seattle :( on the following Monday (September 10th)

It's been an AMAZING trip - and has gone better than I had planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Thanks for your feedback.